- Camp Mountaineer Map
- Cub Scout Outdoor Program
- Scouts BSA Outdoor Program
- BSA The Adventure Plan (BSA TAP)
- Pack Overnight Campout Site Appraisal Form
- BSA Historic Trails Index
- BSA Outdoor Program Features
- Camporee Guide
- BSA High Adventure Bases
- Outdoor Awards
Organized camping is a creative, educational experience in cooperative group living in the outdoors. It uses the natural surroundings to contribute significantly to physical, mental, spiritual, and social growth.
- Camping contributes to good health.
- Camping helps campers develop self-reliance and resourcefulness.
- Camping enhances spiritual growth.
- Camping contributes to social development.
- Camping is an experience in citizenship training.
- Camping at the Cub Scout level introduces Cub Scouts to the knowledge and skills they will learn and apply more thoroughly as a Scout.
"A week of camp life is worth six months of theoretical teaching in the meeting room."
Cub Scout Camping Opportunities
Scouts BSA Camping Opportunities
- troop campouts
- patrol campouts
- troop-based high adventure trips
- council-organized weekend activities
- resident camps (ie Camp Mountaineer)
- specialty camps (ie NYLT, NAYLE, NOAC)
- high adventure camps
- National/World Scout Jamborees