Saturday, May 23 – Monday, May 25
Saturday, May 30 – Sunday, May 31
open each day 10 AM – 7 PM
Camp Mountaineer will be OPEN the last two weekends in May for family groups! Families are encouraged to come out, enjoy the fresh air, walk the trails, and use the picnic pavilions in camp – all at NO COST! Get your Scouts out of the house–GET OUT & SCOUT! Be sure to visit the Trading Post as well!
Tentative Programs Planned:
Friday, June 5 – Sunday, June 7
Shooting Sports & Aquatics
Friday, June 12 – Sunday, June 14
COPE/Climbing & Aquatics
Friday, June 19 – Sunday, June 21
Zipline & Aquatics
Currently for WV Scout units only and those from adjacent counties.
It’s time to get Packs and Troops back to camping! Units are invited to join us at Camp Mountaineer for June weekends of camping and outdoor program–all at NO COST! The Trading Post will be open on Saturday as well!
- Unit check-in is Friday evening. Check-out is Sunday morning.
- Program areas are available for those units with overnight weekend reservations.
- Program areas will be open on Saturday, including pre-camp swim tests. The program details will be communicated to unit leaders on Friday evening.
- Units are responsible for all weekend meals, as well as for appropriate adult leadership for the duration of the weekend.
- Units are responsible for providing their own tents.
Make your unit reservations now online or by calling the Mountaineer Area Council at 304-366-3940. Use CODE GOS20 to receive the Get Out & Scout discount for campsites at no cost.