Cub Scout Day Camps
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all 2020 day camp programs have been canceled
Cub Scout day camps are organized by the Mountaineer Area Council, Boy Scouts of America and conducted by volunteers from the local area. Day camps are for registered Cub Scouts entering the 1st-5th grades the following school year. Those entering the 1st grade must be accompanied by an ‘adult partner’ during their participation. Although individual Cub Scouts are able to participate in any day camp, it is strongly encouraged for Cub Scouts to attend with their friends and adults from the same den or pack; and for the pack’s camping coordinator to submit a single registration for all those attending.
Day camps are conducted by adult volunteer leadership who were trained and certified at one of the Boy Scouts of America’s National Camping Schools. Day camps are also supported by a number of adult and youth staff members. Boy Scout Den Chiefs may also support the day camp program by assisting the Cub Scouts throughout the camp.
A variety of different activities are offered to allow participants to experience outdoor programs for Cub Scouts; many of which are designed to implement the Cub Scout program theme. Most camps include activities based on STEM, nature, shooting sports, games, and possibly aquatics. Adult volunteers make up the nucleus of the day camp staff by volunteering in positions to lead specific programs, support the general operation, or by managing a den of Cub Scouts throughout their time at camp.
2020 Day Camps:
- **CANCELED** July 13-17 at Camp Mahonegon, Buckhannon/Ellamore (click here for additional details)
- **CANCELED** July 18 at St. George, Tucker County (click here for additional details)
- **CANCELED** August 3-7 at Veteran’s Memorial Park, Clarksburg (click here for additional details)
- **CANCELED** August 8* at Cooper’s Rock State Park, Bruceton Mills (click here for additional details)
- **CANCELED** August 15, Wave Tek Park, Fairmont (click here for additional details)
- **CANCELED** Camp Mountaineer, Morgantown (click here for additional details)