Scouts BSA and Cub Scout Unit Camping Weekends:
Looking for BSA registered adults willing to ‘host’ one Campmaster weekend
per year. Duties include: checking units in on Friday, checking units out on Sunday and providing
a small program element on Saturday. Housing provided. Interested? Reach out to Amy.Garbrick@mail.wvu.edu.
Upcoming Campmaster Weekends
(Note: Campmaster Weekend programming is most appropriate for Troops and Crews.)
May 19 – 21, 2023
Camp Mountaineer Summer Camp Prep Weekend!
October 20 – 22, 2023
Jamboree on the Air / Jamboree on the Internet
November 10 – 12, 2023
Scoutsgiving Weekend/ Dutch Oven Cooking Contest
Scouts will rotate through various outdoor cooking demonstrations.
Saturday night Scoutsgiving Dinner:
A main dish will be provided by Camp Mountaineer.
Troops should prepare one side dish and one dessert per every 10 attending from their Troop.
(If your Troop has 9 total people attending, prepare one side dishes and one dessert.
If your Troop has 15 total people attending, prepare two side dishes and two desserts, etc.)
Only one side dish and one dessert from each unit will be judged. You choose which one!
Dishes will be judged on taste, presentation and originality.
5:30PM – dishes to be judged are due to the Dining Hall
6:00PM – dinner
Camp Mountaineer is also hosting a canned food drive this weekend!
All canned food and hygiene products can be dropped off in the Dining Hall anytime on Friday or Saturday (before dinner).
Camp Mountaineer Campmaster Corps weekends are open for reservations! Units are invited to join us at Camp Mountaineer for unit camping with Campmaster programs available on Saturday. The Trading Post will be open on Saturday as well!
- Unit check-in is Friday evening. Check-out is Sunday morning. Advanced reservations are required.
- Saturday program is available for those units with overnight weekend reservations. The program details will be communicated to unit leaders on Friday evening.
- Units are responsible for all weekend meals, as well as for appropriate adult leadership for the duration of the weekend.
- Units are responsible for providing their own tents. Adirondacks are available.
- Units must adhere to health and safety standards related to any programs being offered.
Make your unit reservations now online or by calling the Mountaineer Area Council at 304-366-3940. For Campmaster Corps weekends, standard campsite and cabin rates apply. Campsites range between $20 – $35 per night. Unit sleeping quarters are also available in select buildings at Camp Mountaineer. See reservation system for pricing.