Scouts BSA and Cub Scout Unit Camping Weekends:
Friday, November 13 – Sunday, November 15, 2020
Open to Packs, Troops and Crews!
Learn basic outdoor cooking skills! Everything from meal planning and food preparation to
learning to cook outdoors using various methods (open flame, charcoal, fuel, etc.)
to the proper way to clean and sanitize your cooking area, and more!
Demonstrations on Saturday morning,
followed by a Scoutsgiving Dutch Oven contest at dinner!
Packs and Troops are asked bring two large sides dishes to dinner on Saturday evening.
A main dish will be provided by the Order of the Arrow.
Sides that are prepared at camp will be entered into a contest.
Winning pack/troop receives a DUTCH OVEN!
Additional details will be provided to registered units prior to the event.
Friday, February 26 – Sunday, February 28, 2021
First Aid and Wilderness Survival
First aid is more than having a pre-made kit on hand at all times!
Scouts BSA will have the opportunity to earn
First Aid and/or Wilderness Survival merit badges.
Cub Scouts will learn and practice the requirements
relevant to their rank.
Friday, April 30 – Sunday, May 2, 2021
PAST EVENT: Friday, August 14 – Sunday, August 16, 2020
Shooting Sports & Aquatics
The Shooting Range and Aquatics areas will be open for Scouts to
finish any merit badges or awards from summer camp,
as well as some open programming time.
* Campsites and program provided to units at
NO COST this weekend! *
Camp Mountaineer Campmaster Corps weekends are open for reservations! Units are invited to join us at Camp Mountaineer for unit camping with Campmaster programs available on Saturday. The Trading Post will be open on Saturday as well!
- Unit check-in is Friday evening. Check-out is Sunday morning. Advanced reservations are required.
- Saturday program is available for those units with overnight weekend reservations. The program details will be communicated to unit leaders on Friday evening.
- Units are responsible for all weekend meals, as well as for appropriate adult leadership for the duration of the weekend.
- Units are responsible for providing their own tents. Adirondacks are available.
- Units must adhere to health and safety standards related to any programs being offered.
Make your unit reservations now online or by calling the Mountaineer Area Council at 304-366-3940. For Campmaster Corps weekends, standard campsite and cabin rates apply. Campsites range between $20 – $35 per night. Unit sleeping quarters are also available in select buildings at Camp Mountaineer. See reservation system for pricing.